This forum

Farty
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Thanks Out: 116 times
Thanks In: 466 times

This forum

Post by Farty »

Well I honestly think this forum is finished nobody posts anymore.
Buckie
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Thanks In: 393 times

Re: This forum

Post by Buckie »

really thought people would jump at the chance to be more than sheep we must be ahead of our time sad situation
Brimfire
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks Out: 38 times
Thanks In: 133 times

Post by Brimfire »

It has been a bit quiet of late.

Don't know how to fix that. Posts for the sake of post counts? Clique banter? Tons of "nice gun" only replies?

Must be something else.
Ignoring is bliss.
EddieB
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Thanks In: 209 times

Post by EddieB »

Having been a member here since the early days, I initially liked quite a lot about it.i thought it had potential as I had felt that some of the people involved had been unfairly treated by those that ran the two main forums. A spell of nastiness toward those forums was disgusting & detrimental --- but was eventually eradicated. That and a hard to believe bad deal with a member on here were the catylists to me stopping contributing. I haven't really changed my stance, although bizarrely I would like to see this forum thrive & compete equitably with the two big boys !
Lon'gun
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Thanks Out: 225 times
Thanks In: 439 times

Post by Lon'gun »

As mentioned before on similar threads, most of the folk on here are old hands, whom I'd suspect are out doing stuff, rather than sat around talking about doing stuff. Life's too short.
The days are long and fair.............being outside, doing something productive is the number one priority for many at the moment. :beer:
It is no measure of health to well adjusted to a profoundly sick society
Black country sniper
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks In: 95 times

Post by Black country sniper »

Hi i pop on and off but there's very little going on not many post's. If the other to forums closed this would be a hive of activitie eveybody would jump ship not sure how we going to fix this or increase members to join.
Gods country
Scott
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks Out: 272 times
Thanks In: 220 times

Post by Scott »

I come in most days, but as I just haven't been interested in shooting for a couple of months now and unfortunately I don't have much to say or to contribute to anything that has been said.
Pete2
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks Out: 196 times
Thanks In: 173 times

Post by Pete2 »

I check in every now and again, sometimes comment, other times just read. It is quiet but that is more a reflection of membership numbers than the forum itself. It takes time for forums to grow. Look at how long the others have been going.
Brimfire
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks In: 133 times

Post by Brimfire »

Didn't we have this same talk about inactivity last year?

I've looked through my post history as I vaguely recall contributing to the debate at the time (the outcome was that the open hostility towards other AG sites was ditched) but I can't find anything about it. Has the thread been deleted?

In any case, we're still here. Which is good.

I like my air pistols and I check in on a lot of different sites. Last year, the pistol section in Airgun BBS went almost two weeks without a single post. I created a thread asking if anyone was home and it became the busiest thread they'd had in months. Funny how the most activity came out of discussing inactivity.

Which, sadly, might happen here too.
Ignoring is bliss.
DVAnt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Thanks Out: 146 times
Thanks In: 226 times

Post by DVAnt »

When even those who were instrumental in setting the forum up are conspicuous by their absence. I think the writing is on the wall :(
.357 Heaven.. The Good Old Days