VIP
VIP
Thanks Out: 54 times
Thanks In: 78 times

Re: Everythings leaking!!

Post by Tinfoil Twat »

Dave wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:51 am Angle grinder and big hammer
I've already tried that, by the looks of it..... :lol:
Walking the High Street shouting the 'end is nigh' and questioning drunken behaviour. :mrgreen:
Blackmax
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks Out: 123 times
Thanks In: 139 times

Post by Blackmax »

Tinfoil Twat wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:07 pm I know they come out but how?
You need a tool to blow the glass out first so you don’t damage the gauge as you unscrew it from inside. I made one on my lathe and then threaded a foster fitting to attach to it. I attach a stirrup pump and one pump is normally enough to blow the glass. Make sure you put it in a bag so no bits go flying about. I believe Steve has made a similar tool. So if you don’t have the tools to make one you need to borrow a tool or send it to someone that has one.
Quint
VIP
VIP
Thanks Out: 1078 times
Thanks In: 1769 times

Post by Quint »

Tinfoil Twat wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:53 am I've already tried that, by the looks of it..... :lol:
As Blackmax says you can't get them out by mechinal means "Unless" you are ditching the gauge for a new one. Then often you can screw out the gauge from the back (5mm allen key) and it will often pop the from glass off, but often damages the gauge. You really need a tool to connect to a compressor or pump that covers the breath hole on the side of the cap. Apply pressure and the glass pops off. :thumbup:
Super PEEK, Super PEEK, it's Super PEEKY - Rick James

Blackmax
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit
Thanks Out: 123 times
Thanks In: 139 times

Post by Blackmax »

Tinfoil Twat wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:53 am I've already tried that, by the looks of it..... :lol:
Where are you based?